Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Trying my hardest: Zaheer



"I'm trying to be fit (for the second Test), I'm trying my hardest...That's all that I can say," India's spearhead Zaheer Khan said.

Speaking at the Park Plaza on Tuesday afternoon, soon after arriving from London, Zaheer added: "Not being able to bowl (after just 13.3 overs) at Lord's was so frustrating...It's a freak injury, this right hamstring strain."

Even though Zaheer's in doubt for the Test beginning on Friday, there has been "no discussion at all" between the team management and the Board on, perhaps, a replacement.
"Sreesanth and Munaf Patel are already there, so that need hasn't been felt till now," a source said.

According to Wasim Akram, who knows a thing or two about bowling in England (and elsewhere), the selectors should look at Lakshmipathy Balaji, with whom he worked with in IPL IV.
"I spent six weeks or so with Balaji and, believe me, he would do a great job in England...The guy has some swing," Akram, a former Pakistan captain who is associated with the Kolkata Knight Riders, pointed out.

The ball is known to do quite a bit at Trent Bridge.
Meanwhile, Sachin Tendulkar has completed his course of antibiotics for a viral infection. Speaking exclusively, on reaching Nottingham, he said: "The medication is over... I'm better now."

Sachin and the rest were delayed on the way as an accident on the motorway held up the team's coach.

No comments: