Search This Blog

Friday 19 March 2010

Flintoff planning to visit India to watch IPL



England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff, who has been ruled out of the Indian Premier League due to a knee surgery, could not resist himself from seeing his Chennai Super Kings teammates in action and planning to visit India to watch the Twenty20 event soon.

"Last time when I played for Chennai, the IPL was held in South Africa. I thought this year I would get the opportunity to play for Chennai but it has not turned out the way I would have liked to (due to surgery).

"I wanted to play for Chennai in Chennai. I am planning to go to Chennai in the next few weeks and watch a couple of games," Flintoff told "Gulf News".

Flintoff said he was missing the euphoric Indian spectators. "One of the big things behind the success of IPL is the Indian public. The passion for cricket in India is splendid.

In England we have football but in India, cricket is ten times bigger. IPL is a success in India because of the passion for the game," said Flintoff.

"The involvement of cities in the contest is a great thing and other countries can learn from it. I would like to go to England and play for Manchester against London or Leeds against Newcastle. I think it could be a success in England too," he added.

The Lancashire all-rounder, who has been out of action since undergoing a micro-fracture operation on his right knee last year, was ruled out of the tournament after he had to be operated upon in January again.

No comments: